Saturday, November 8, 2008

First Snow of Season

Yesterday it snowed for several hours. Flakes are small but not soggy and not big lazy fluffy so it is hard to catch them with camera. It wasn't until after dusk that I saw that the snow is finally building up. Back door ramp made a perfect canvas to do this neat little project. I'm surprised at how well our girls cooperated to acheive this effect! One need to hold his/her hand in snow a little to allow body heat to melt a hand print. No flash used in this picture- barely just enough light from open back door and it wasn't 100% dark outside yet. I did took one with flash but we agreed that we liked the one without flash better. Of course, most of approxmately 1/4 inches of snow almost totally disappeared 24 hours later. Funny thing about this snow- we have had only ONE frost that we could see of before snow showed itself!! Usually there was several frosts before snow arrives...

From left to right... mine, Baby (top), Pinky (bottom), and my dearest.

2 comments:

Kim said...

A beautiful picture! I'd get it blown up and framed.

frugalmom said...

When I first saw that pic I thought it was sand. Very pretty.