Hello! Yesterday my family and some friends went out to Living History for a tour. Browsed a little in the gift shop and went out aaand then waited half an hour for my grandma to come out.😒
When she finally did we went to the church there. It is still used and even a pope visited it! It had this beautiful stained glass window that resembled a quilt pattern. Unfortunatly I don't have a picture of it. I then explained to Purpra that next time if you are picturizing a blog, let me know which view she wanted to protray. Most of pictures I took was finer details that I personally liked. (Mama) Next we went to the print shop and got to see how they printed newspapers back in 1846 something.
This is a filing system for the letters.
All those sizes and fonts! What a headache!
(Mama don't think so.)
 |
This is an example of the type used.
|
Prism was really interested in the printing process!
Next after the printing shop we went to the general store.
 |
| My mom appreciates the simplicity of the take it or leave it general store. |
 |
| My mom really liked the door frame design. |
Then after the store we went to the drug store. Disapointedly, no leeches.
Still cool.
 |
Lotsa bottles. What this made me think is what I've been kinda doing at home also but with clear canning jars for all of dry staple storages in kitchen. (Mama)
We then hitched a ride on the wagon towed by tractor. The seats were so full that two people and I had to stand. It was fun, kinda like surfing. We got off at the 1900s farm and we saw this cow in the yard! [It was on a leash] |

 |
Poor kitty!
There were some horses that let us pet them.
My Mom's dream pantry. I do have similar one but in basement. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it is on same floor- beside kitchen?! (Mama)
Cream of asparagus soup. Mmmm!
Chicken chopping block. Squak, squak!! I discovered this one behind chicken coop. I recognized it immediately. I called Purpra over and asked her "What is this for?" "Wood chopping" "No, look much closer." She still not get it. I then very pointedly nearly touching the white turfs, "what is that?" Purpra then understood with bit of shocking realization. (Mama)
I took this for fun.
Group picture! Though Prism isn't smiling. After the mansion we puttered around until we came to the blacksmith shop. Caught him in action.
Pounding out a iron ring. Photo credit to Purpura.
Admiring his handiwork. Photo credit to Purpura.
After the blacksmith we went back to the gift shop.
After 15 minutes my Mom finally burst and took us to the van and ate lunch there.
Sweet mercy!
After 20 minutes Granny finally came out and we left.
Purpura
and
(Mama)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment